The service of MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 trading signals allows traders to copy operations of other traders who are signal providers. Using the MT4 and MT5 terminals, subscribers can perform automatic trading operations.
All trading signals are summarized in a table which helps you to make a choice according to your investment preferences.
All of the signals have a detailed trading history and statistics so you can examine them before you subscribe.
Experienced traders can act as signal providers, fixing a subscription fee. This will provide additional revenue from subscribers to trading signals.
You can sign up as well as terminate your subscription at any time. Some of the signals are free of charge; others require a weekly or monthly fee to be paid to the trader or provider of the signal.
How to subscribe to the signals
- If you do not have an account, complete the trading account registration form;
- Get a login and password to the MT4/MT5 terminal by e-mail;
- Start the MetaTrader terminal (You may either have a demo or real account);
- Enter your login and password;
- Go to the "Settings" window (menu "Service" -> "Settings" or CTRL + O);
- Enter MQL5.com-account login and password in the "Community" tab (if you do not have an account - you should sign up)
- In the "Terminal" window go to the "Signals" tab (open\hide the window CTRL+T)
- Choose the signal you are interested in and go to the statistics page (double click on the line);
- If you like its values and indices, sign up to this signal. The subscription to the signal source will be in force within a month starting from the current moment.
- The following parameters shall be indicated in the "Settings" window:
- load of the deposit (for example 25% or 50% of the deposit),
- terms to terminate copying deals of the provider,
- limits of difference in spreads (size of allowed price variance of order execution).
- The settings are completed, now trading operations from the selected provider are copied in the automatic mode immediately in the MetaTrader 5 terminal.
- You can also subscribe to signals on page TOP МТ4\МТ5 signals
How to become a signals provider
- You shall have an account on mql5.com or open it, if you have no account – sign up.
- In the profile on MQL5.com, open the tab "Seller" and sign in, entering every detail required in the registration questionnaire.
- Application to be registered as a Seller will be delivered for processing to the Moderator.
- After obtaining approval of the Moderator, a trader will receive an SMS "You are approved as a Seller on MQL5.com" and a personal message on MQL5.com, saying "Seller's Profile: your application to get the status of a Seller is approved".
- Go to the «Signals» section on the site and click the link "Create my own signal".
- Fill in the form on the page appeared, indicating basic information about the new signal (name, name of the broker, the cost of subscriptions to your signal, login and investor password of your trading account.) All the information about the signal should be printed using Latin characters.
The base cost of subscription is determined for one month. Users can sign up to a signal for a month or for a week. In the latter case, the cost of the subscription is fixed as equal to 1/4 of the monthly cost.
After completing these stages the signal proceeds with a 1 month probationary period. During this month traders should perform at least five transactions and avoid trade account drawdown for more than 70%. If the signal meets these requirements the signal becomes available for subscription purposes.
Special features, advantages and disadvantages
- It is very easy to subscribe to a trading signal; it only takes a few clicks. Further processes related to the trading signals go on automatically requiring no participation from you. One minute is enough for a provider of trading signals to enter its signal in a common database and determine a subscription fee.
- Trading Signals, shown in the MQL5.com window for signals are selected on a very strict basis. Each trading signal has a 1 month probationary period. During this month a trader should perform at least five transactions and avoid trade account drawdown for more than 70%.
- The signal subscription process is maximally simplified and accelerated. No execution of agreements between the subscriber, signal provider and broker is required. All processes take place within the system, which guarantees the accuracy of the performance of the transactions.
- Performance (copying) of deals goes on with the minimum of delay. If the signals provider and a trader which has subscribed to such signals use the same server, almost no delays in copying deals are expected. But even if participants are on different servers, there will only be minimum delays in performance of deals due to the fact that the MetaTrader Signal servers are located close to the broker servers.
Special features of Trading signals performance
Functioning of the service of trading signals on the MetaTrader platform has a number of features that subscribers and providers of trading signals should be aware of.
- One trading account can be managed by signals of only one provider at a time. This is done deliberately in order to protect traders from bearing losses.
- A trading account can be subscribed to only one signal, whilst MQL5.com account may have several subscriptions for different accounts. A trader may have several accounts and each of them can be managed by signals from different providers. All of these subscriptions may be registered at and paid up from a single MQL5.com-account.
- Subscribers pay a fixed sum monthly or weekly and receive trading signals for this period. There are neither commissions for each deal, nor increasing spreads, nor additional commissions from gained profits.
- The MQL5.com payment system is used for buying subscriptions. You can top up your account in any way convenient to you via PayPal, WebMoney or bank cards. When buying a subscription to a signal, the funds are transferred from the Subscriber's account to the Provider's account (our commission is 20%) where they are automatically blocked for the subscription period. At the end of the period the funds are unblocked and deposited to the Provider's account. In case of any valid claims, the funds for the current subscription period will be returned to the Subscriber. All operations are carried out within the MQL5.com payment system.
- The highest quality of execution will be achieved if a Provider and a Subscriber work on the same server. However, this is not a mandatory pre-requisition to copy deals with minimum delays. Delays between receiving the signal and execution of trading operations, which copy it, are minimized. This has been made possible thanks to Signal Servers having cloud architecture and being located all over the world.
In some cases, when you try to synchronize your deals with deals of the provider you may come across a warning message:
- For example, you have an open trading position or order on your account. In this case, before synchronization of your account with the account of the signals provider you will be asked to close the open position and delete the existing order or to agree to automatically close them. If they are closed automatically, all positions unrelated to the Provider’s signals provider will be closed at the current market price, and orders will be deleted.
- If a profit on the Provider's account is positive, you will be offered to wait for better market conditions. This will ensure that you enter the market at a price that is not worse than the Provider’s. You can either wait for better market conditions, or, having accepted the corresponding risks, synchronize immediately.
- We strongly recommend that you put off synchronization till more favorable conditions arise. By agreeing to an immediate synchronization, you increase your risks, and the result of using signals can be unpredictable. Please note that all information regarding making a decision on synchronization is shown in the logs of the terminal.